Since appointed CEO in April 2008, Ms. Uchinaga has been promoting the company's transformation with a new vision "A Global Education Company." She launched Global Leadership Training (GLT) and eBerlitz (Web-based or blended programs) in an effort to enhance high value added services in addition to Berlitz's core language services business.
"I am pleased to see that our transformation has been making progress. GLT is flourishing in many countries to help our customers develop into global leaders. We recently launched Berlitz Blended Learning, a new solution that combines the strength of Berlitz's signature face-to-face classroom instruction and our latest innovative e-learning platform," said Ms. Uchinaga. "I am counting on Mr. Mark Harris to accelerate execution of the transformation and to enhance Berlitz's leadership in the market."
Mr. Harris said "While CEO, Ms. Uchinaga introduced promising new products into the Berlitz corporate services portfolio. Now that I have been appointed to CEO, I look forward to the challenge to continue the success of these programs and create additional customer friendly solutions."
Mark W. Harris Profile
Board Director and Executive Vice President of Berlitz Corporation
President, Chief Executive Officer and Chief Operating Officer of ELS Educational Services, Inc.
- President & CEO (2001-2004) Language Services (Worldwide)
- Chief Operating Officer (2004-2009) Berlitz Europe/Middle East Region
- Board Director of Berlitz Corporation (2001-Present)
- President & CEO of ELS Educational Services, Inc. (1998 - Present)
- ELS Chief Operating Officer (2010 - Present)
- Joined Berlitz International, Inc. (1978, Current Berlitz Corporation)
- Masters of Business Administration - Marketing & International Management, UCLA (1984)
- Master of Arts, Romance Languages & Latin American Literature, University of Pennsylvania (1977)
- Bachelors of Arts, Spanish Magna cum laude, Oberlin College (1975)
- Council of Senior Advisors to the International Association of University Presidents (2011 - present)
- Advisory Council to the President of Adelphi University (2003 - present)
About Berlitz Corporation
With more than 550 locations in over 70 countries, Berlitz Corporation has long been established as the world's premier provider of language training and cross-cultural services. Today Berlitz is a global leadership training and education company with a comprehensive portfolio which adds communications skills development, global leadership training and customized dynamic solutions for cultural competency, available via multiple delivery platforms. For more information on Berlitz programs and services, visit www.berlitz.com.